Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Pretty Things


Pretty Things...

I like pretty things
Not necessarily shiny
Don’t have to be practical
Things that take my eyes by hand and neither wants to let go

I like
When the moon looks so big in the night
That you would swear God hung it in place himself
Or took the keys and drove it just close enough for you to see
But not to touch
Pretty Things

I like
Your lips when they see something they like
No crave
They open just a bit
But your tongue comes out forcing them apart and
Wetting them both
I carry chocolate just to see the way your face dances for sweeties
Sweetie
Pretty things


I like Pretty Things
Fatty girl asses crammed
In skinny jeans
Fresh pine apple, strawberries and grapes in the morning
That makes my eyes water and taste buds almost ache for
Wanting
I like
The words of Paublo Neruda from the heart of Chile
When he was in love

I like Pretty Things
Like the love songs of The Jackson Five
Or Tina Marie playing on a record player
Watching the woman that was mine
And still should be mine
Walk away
Still wanting to be friends somehow...
My life has proven that I like pretty things...
I have to this point not been able to keep them...

1 comment: