Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Star Dust For Us


Stardust for Us

yesterday will not
fade
simply because
you
and time
the world
and even
i have moved on

the days have
stood in place

in a living room
I have left and emptied
i still stand in the window
watching your car pull up on the street where i lived
i grin with joy as you walk through the door

how come i still feel
your thighs melt in my hands
as if there were still
laying across my chest

how come your hugs
shatter my sensory perception
like kissing you
killed the way my clock keeps time

sometimes
my tongue taste like it’s
still
searching
for your sweetest spot
my skin feels a stickiness that’s not there anymore
and we look to the door
expecting to hear your yelling
from the hall

then I let today back in
bitter with the tastes of now

it’s been years
since my hands first found their way
up under your dress
to kiss your body

that was a night I was want to remember
each moment was so sweet
it only bitters
when I force myself to forget

4 comments:

  1. Great piece! very visual! She must have left a nice impression on you!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your imagery is so sick... love the bitter-sweetness, love the simplicity and depth of the first stanza. Good stuff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely stated. It's very sweet with longing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. Beautiful._Shanel

    ReplyDelete